A YOGA IMMERSION INTO THE PRACTICES OF JOY, VITALITY AND WELLBEING.
with Chantal Russell & Rebekka Walker, and guest teachers
Sadhana: Spiritual Practice, as the journey into a deeper wisdom of existence ; akin to Sanskrit sādhu going straight to a goal.
Have you ever wanted to learn more about yoga beyond the 90 minute class? Want to know how to nourish your physical body and your spiritual self ? Are you ready to live a healthier, more fulfilled life, with greater purpose, passion and power?
Welcome to this soulful journey of yoga and transformation. In this comprehensive 100hr yoga immersion program, you will dive into the full spectrum of yoga, with an integrated exploration of asana, mantra, pranayama, philosophy, mudra, meditation, the myths of yoga, self inquiry, mindfulness, ayurveda, and much more.
The heart of the teachings will offer ancient wisdom, combined with modern day research and insight, to help you bridge the gap between your spiritual self and your everyday life. The practices of yoga will be established in a clear and solid way, from which you'll create a sustainable and nourishing spiritual practice (sadhana), to guide you for the rest of your life. Learn how to navigate life's challenges with grace and grit; Expect your body to thrive, and your soul to shine.
This immersion is a stand alone course, or the 1st 100 hours of a 200 hour YA accredited yoga teacher training. The second 100 hour segment commences spring/summer 2016.
The Immersion Curriculum
We will meet one weekend a month, for six months, from November 2015 until April 2016. Weekend hours are as follows:
- Fridays 5-9pm
- Saturday 7-9am, 11-2pm, 4-6pm
- Sundays 8-10am, 12-4pm
NOVEMBER 6-8TH, 2015
MODULE 1 SADHANA & BHAVANA, WITH GUEST TEACHER SASKIA TAIT
- Setting the foundation for all aspects of an integrated yoga practice
- Establish the seat of the practice and cultivate intention
- Introduction to the history of classical yoga & Tantra
- Explore the role of desire and the power of feelings as the most creative force for change.
DECEMBER 4-6, 2015
MODULE 2 EMBODIED AND EXPERIENTIAL ANATOMY, WITH GUEST TEACHERS HARMONY DAVISON AND NATASHA CURRAH
- Focus on form, foundation, precision, biomechanics of all basic asana.
- Asana Labs
- Therapeutic applications
- Anatomical understanding
JAN 8-10, 2016
MODULE 3 PULSATION AND FLOW, WITH GUEST TEACHER CHRISTINE PRICE CLARK
- Subtle body anatomy, initial overview of chakras & nadis
- Koshas, 5 body sheaths
- Vayus and the primary flows of energy
- 3 malas
- Spanda teachings
MODULE 4, MUDRA, MANTRA & MYTHOLOGY WITH REBEKKA WALKER
- Mudras to support asana and meditation
- Intro to yoga mythology
- Mythology of poses
MARCH 4-6, 2016
MODULE 5 AYURVEDA & CLEAN LIVING, WITH GUEST TEACHER NATALIE ROUSSEAU
- Dinacharya, daily sequence for health and vitality
- Ayurveda, Gunas, Doshas, and the 5 great elements
- Prana, Tejas, Ojas
APRIL 1-3, 2016
MODULE 6 INTEGRATION,WHOLENESS AND CONTINUITY, WITH GUEST TEACHERS SASKIA TAIT & SHAHAR RABI
- Adapting your sadhana, sustainable self care
- Shadow work for yogis
- Practices for transforming obstacle into opportunities
- Yoga of relationship
$1650, before September 15th. $1800 afterwards.
Payment plan available. We're pleased to offer a payment plan of $320/month, for 6 months. The first payment is due upon registration. The following payments will be due on the first of the month, from November 1rst through March 1st. Please note that the payment plan is only available for the full rate of $1800, and is not applicable to the early bird rate.
Please email us to set up a payment plan.